The city tour is perfect for visitors who don't have much time in Cartagena but want to see as much of the city as possible. Escape the heat into an air-conditioned car, with a bi-lingual certified guide to take you to the city's most beautiful and extraordinary sites.
1. | We'll pick you up from your hotel or Cartagena's Cruise Terminal (for an additional cost). The first stop on your city car tour is picturesque Bocagrande beach. To get there you'll pass by the Old City along the water's edge, to get to the long stretch of sand and playground for beach enthusiasts.
2. | When you reach the other side of the peninsula, you can steal lovely vistas of Bahia de Cartagena (Cartagena Bay) in high-rise Castillogrande.
3. | Heading for the sound of boats lapping in the water you'll drive around the U-shaped harbour to the Barrio of Manga, where the Marina and famous sailing insitution, Club Nautico, are located.
4 | From the Bahía De La Ánimas (Bay of Souls) you can breathe in the fresh sea air and admire the original military architecture of the Fuerte del Pastelillo, where Cartagena's first fort (El Fuerte del Boquerón) once stood.
5. | Next stop its onto the colourful and dynamic barrio of Getsemaní - home to many artists, musicians and locals who like to sit on the streets watch the world pass them by.
6. | Next stop is to head for the hills; to Cartagena's highest geographical feature, the the Cerro de La Popa. You'll love the beautiful 17th century colonial church and convent, where you can enjoy views stretching across the city and to the Caribbean.
7. | From the convent, the tour takes you to the iconic San Felipe Castle, a true feat of military engineering and Cartagena's principal fort designed to defend the city from a land invasion.
8. | Once you've topped up your caffeine levels with some quality Colombian coffee, your guide will take you to beautiful Parque Bolivar, named after the independence leader, passing by the Palace of the Inquisition and Gold Museum.