Palace of the Governorate
La Casa del Cabildo, also called Palace of the Governorate, is located in the Plaza of the Proclamation. Currently it is the seat of government of the Department of Bolívar, whose capital is Cartagena de Indias.
The council seat was originally in another house, the upper floor served as the residence of the governors in its passage through the administration of Cartagena, while the ground floor served as a prison. From 1614, the city began to ask for a new building for the council and the city jail. After delaying and lengthy procedures, the city bought a house the Holy Office on the main square and made it down to build the hall of the town hall, shops portals for Scribes and the grain tank. However, the project collapsed when the Inquisition filed objections to the last minute.