Bastion of San Ignacio de Loyola
Francisco de Murga built this fortress in 1630 in order to discourage any attempt to attack the dock of the inner bay (today Pier La Bodeguita) and cooperate with security Bocagrande. It was destroyed in attacks by French and rebuilt and expanded by Herrera and Sotomayor, giving the dimension that remains today with the great Baroque Garitón and access ramp.
For the Republican era in the early twentieth century, the Monument to the Flag this stronghold, work that consisted of a staircase with an obelisk in the waving flag Colombia was built. This monument was removed by Juan Manuel Zapatero who restored the fortress in 1968, and given the current state with its awnings.