Casona del Colegio
is a work of sustainable design, inspired by Colombia, assembled by Colombian hands and bathed in Colombian art.
This luxury hotel
captures the immense cultural, biological and ecological diversity of Colombia, proudly bearing materials, shapes, colors, smells, and textures from all over the country: it is an experience carved by its best artisans.
Casona del Colegio Experience
The concept of biodiversity
extends to the discovered areas, through the shapes, colors and textures that make up the design, whose landscape reflects the abundance of natural resources. In the "Costa Garden", as well as in the patios and terraces, the vegetation of the Colombian coast is mixed, from La Guajira to the Córdoba region.
The "La Sierra Spa", which features a duo cabin, sauna, tub, relaxation area, and solarium, provides relaxing massages and rituals created to provide a complete renovation
. The hotel has a private pool with terrace bar and panoramic view.
For its part, the cuisine of the Colombian Caribbean, with its own and native flavors of the region, finds an ideal space with renowned chefs who reinvent traditional cuisine
. The bar offers signature cocktails
inspired by Colombian fruits and distillates. It is divided into three environments: air-conditioned lounge, outdoor patio and a room reserved for events.
The Casona del Colegio
lounge displays valuable pieces of art, such as the map of Colombia located on the ceiling and the floor of the bar. This work by Luz Ángela Lizarazo
, cast in granite with bronze dilatations, evokes Colombian nature with an unequaled refinement, reaffirming the dialectic between the native and the modern.
Design and architecture, the elegance of the tropics
National biodiversity and natural materials were essential for the architects who participated in the design of the project. It presents a style with open spaces full of light
, where geometry and a palette of warm tones, that represent the tropical beauty of Colombia, are highlighted. During the adaptation of the hotel, artisans from indigenous and rural communities, cabinet makers, artists, and designers participated.
Tradition and comfort
The 13 rooms of Casona del Colegio
, unique and author made, have been designed to stimulate the 5 senses, in spaces full of comfort and local design. The bedrooms are divided into 7 modalities with a personalized experience for each type of guest. It is a quiet and intimate environment
, ideal for work trips and holidays as a couple. These are some of your options:
- Córdoba Suite: It is the most representative. Unique, colonial architecture suite, carefully decorated in a warm and romantic atmosphere. Ideal for couples and honeymoon experiences. It is divided into two environments: the main room with balcony and view to the Historical Center, and a terrace with jacuzzi.
- Magdalena Suite: All the details were designed to offer maximum comfort and harmony. Divided into three areas: The main room, social area with sofa and desk, a terrace with jacuzzi and an outdoor garden overlooking the walled city.
- Guajira Suite: A space that enchants and captivates thanks to design details, colors, and textures. It is divided into two spaces: The main room, and a terrace with jacuzzi included.
- Junior Suite Bolívar: Cozy room designed with all the comforts and amenities of luxury, with an authentic colonial style. It offers a balcony overlooking the walled city.
- Junior Suite Atlántico: Sophisticated, elegant decoration, with a modern and spacious marble bathroom, in an exquisite environment that conveys peace and tranquility. It was designed to obtain one of the best panoramic views from your balcony.
- Luxury Room: 4 rooms located on the second floor, designed with Colombian style and crafts. It offers a balcony overlooking the streets of the Historical Center.
- Superior Room: 4 rooms overlooking the gardens and inner courtyard, fully dressed in Colombian designs. Its details were made with textures and natural materials that reflect the culture of our land.
Location and access
In the heart of the Historical Center
, near the Cathedral of Santa Catalina de Alejandría
, the Historic Museum of Cartagena
, Plaza de Bolívar
and Museo del Oro
; a few steps from the trendy restaurants, cafes and bars, and only 10 minutes from Rafael Núñez International Airport