The Independence Festivities of Cartagena are approaching
The agenda to commemorate the 210 years of the Independence of Cartagena will be carried out under all biosafety protocols and with controlled capacity between October 15 and November 13.
One of the novelties is the new name that frames these dates: ‘Commemoration of the 210 Years of Independence’, taking into account that its emblematic name does not fit with the biosecurity protocols established to start the cultural agenda.
Here are the most important events in the Cartagena Independence Festival that begins in October and ends in November:
Click here for more events in Cartagena de Indias
- October 15 5:00 p.m. Commemorative prelude of the Historic Town and the North Caribbean.
- October 22 5:00 p.m. Commemorative prelude of the Localidad de la Virgen y Turística.
- October 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Jorge García Usta School Festival.
- October 29 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Jorge García Usta School Festival. From 8:00 am. to 4:00 p.m. Novembrina Musical. 5:00 pm. Commemorative prelude of the Industrial Locality of the Bay.
- November 1 10:00 a.m. Ángeles Somos - Tintililillo. 10:00 a.m. Workshop on cumbia and cabildo. 3:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. Cabildos de Negros. 4:00 p.m. Pedagogical meeting with boys and girls in Ángeles Somos.
- November 5 6:00 p.m. Festive Tradition Night.
- November 7 2:00 p.m. Parade in Swimsuit.
- November 10 5:00 p.m. Independence Route. 7:00 p.m. Tribute to great Lancers, Journalists and Holiday Actors.
- November 11 8:00 a.m. Solemn act. 4:00 p.m. Commemoration of the Independence and Election of the Queen.
- November 13 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Salsa a la Plaza.
From October 5 to December 3, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Activities of the Festive Training School.
From October 15 to November 9, 4:00 p.m., Conversations on the libertarian sense of Independence.
Details of the Independence Festivities
1.The call for "We are Community Lanceras" is opened, addressed to the candidates who wish to participate in the Independence beauty contest. 30 candidates will be selected, who must present a community project that will make them leaders in their neighborhoods. The swimsuit parade will be on November 7, and, on November 11, the winner will be chosen, achieving the title of 'Lancera'.
2. On October 15, 22 and 29 there will be three preludes: one commemorating the Historic and North Caribbean Town, another commemorating the Virgin and Tourist Town, and the commemorative Prelude for the Bahia Industrial Town.
3. On October 28 and 29, the Jorge García Usta School Festival will take place. On both days it will be held from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.
4. As is tradition, the Ángeles Somos celebration, also known as Tintililillo, will take place on the first of November. There will also be a pedagogical meeting with boys and girls in Ángeles Somos.
5. All festivities will be held in closed venues that the Mayor's Office has chosen under the biosafety protocols and will be with limited capacity. People who enter must present the vaccination card against COVID-19, otherwise, they will not be able to participate. It should be noted that, at the beginning of October, the District will have an electronic methodology to register and attend each of the commemorative presentations. All must wear face masks.
6. During the day, the imposition of the band will be carried out by the current queen of Independence, Estefany Meza, who will represent the city in the National Tourism Kingdom, with the endorsement of the Mayor's Office and Corpoturismo.
7. There will be no Battle of Flores and there will be no parades on the roads or streets. This year, the Lanzero of the Festivities will not be chosen, but all those from previous years will participate collectively; however, on November 10 there will be a Tribute to Great Lanceros, journalists and festive actors.